Friday 19 April 2013

Contact: Getting it in the Eye

This is a video showing how we get a contact in M's eye every morning.  This video is recent, and so when you watch it please remember we have now had over 3 months of practice with it.  When we first started, this is not what it looked like!  Check out an earlier post to see what it was like to get the contact in at the beginning.


We still use 2 people to get it in her eye in the morning.  My husband still kind of loosely kneels over her body and pulls on her eye lids opening the eye so I can insert the contact.  It usually only takes us 1 try in the morning to get the contact in, and she rarely fights us anymore.  I have managed to get it in her eye once on my own, when I was the only one at the house; however, mostly because we have 2 people available most mornings, we haven't attempted to get the process down to only needing one person.  I'm sure I could get it in myself at this point, with a few days of practice, and it could become the new system.  We will work at this at some point soon, but will wait until there is a need, because we are in a calm place right now where things seem to be working.

I was talking about how we should have taken the time to record the early days of trying to get the contact in M's eye.  We should have recorded it just to have the ability to look back and see how much things have changed.  I know things have changed, and I know that M is dramatically different when we  put her contact in, but it would be a good refresher just to see the difference.  The difference is huge!  I just didn't think that I wanted to be able to replay that part of our morning over and over, and there didn't really seem time to be recording!

I have posted 2 earlier videos showing how we remove M's contact:  contact removal with 2 people and contact removal with 1 person.

No comments:

Post a Comment