Thursday 17 January 2013

Arm Immobilizers

I'm ordering the infant arm immobilizers.  Measured M's size from armpit to wrist.  I'm hoping they will come quickly.  The mitt system is failing - she's figured out how to get the things off by shaking her arms for extended periods of time.

Also hoping that when they arrive I can put them on her a few times and then she will learn that she likes her patch on her eye more than she likes the arm immobilizers on her arms.

I'm not sure what happened to all those 'good' patching days we had in the beginning.  She has figured out that she has the ability to take the patch off, and I think she has just started to get some bottom teeth.  Either way, I'm hoping that this will offer a solution to this current problem we are in...

Talk about roller coaster days...  One day can be amazing, just a couple patches on her, she can get around the house and play like normal.  Then the next day she needs to be wearing mitts all day so she won't rip the patches off and make her skin bleed.  I figured I wasn't going to need the restraints 2 days ago, and now I'm not sure we can even make it through the next couple of days without a better system.

Figure I'll get the arm immobilizers and then at least I will have them if they are needed...

I'm sure there will be a future blog entry on these things if I end up using them!

No comments:

Post a Comment