Tuesday 15 January 2013

Patching Challenges Continue

We can now get M's contact in her right eye every morning so she is supposed to be patched every waking hour but the hour before bed.  I've been making her sport mitts on and off throughout the day to stop her from ripping her patches off.  After a day or two of heavy mitt wearing I can now just put the mitts on for about 30 minutes a day, those times of the day when she's most likely to rip them off (just after the patch has gone on, just after waking up from a nap...).  I've also kept her in her mitts for nap times because it's a pretty popular activity for her to sit, after her nap, and pick at her patch until she gets it off.

Today we went through 3 patches, and I gave up 2 hours early.  Thought I would give her skin a rest by not putting a forth patch on.  Every patch she rips off makes her skin more irritated.  

I think I have to be ok with it if patches are getting ripped off.  I think I also have to learn or be ok with it if I miss a few hours a day.  I just find it so frustrating when she's rips them off - doesn't she know it's for her own good?!


No comments:

Post a Comment