Monday 21 January 2013

Cool Patches!

I searched for cool patches online and found a few different companies.  I never did find one that ships from Canada, so ordered from a company in the US.

These eye patches I ordered from myipatches.com in the US.  They had lots of different designs.  I didn't try them, I just hoped for the best and ordered $80 worth!  Before these arrived I was just using the Nexcare brown patches which were working fine, but they were just too boring and medical looking to put on M everyday.


Here's M sporting the winter themed snowflake patch!

People were asking me a lot of questions when M showed up one day with a patch on her eye.  The first time people saw her were with the brown patches.  I think, looking back, people thought she had had an accident or something 'had happened' and people were always asking what was wrong.  Now that M wears the more decorative patches people never ask me what happened to her or what is wrong with her.  A friend, who had heard people asking about M's eye when we were out in public, thought that with these new decorative patches people wouldn't think that something 'happened' but rather see it as more of a permanent thing.  People have definitely been asking me less about what's wrong with her.  Instead people are talking to her more, and commenting on her patch.  I must admit, this is way better for me.  I was amazed, appalled, and just surprised at how people would just come up to me, even when I had my 3.5 year old son with me, and want to know what happened to M.  I was/am sick of telling people what's 'wrong' with my baby girl.


Monkeys and bananas!  It's one of her older brother's favourite.

Another thing that really helped M's older brother adjust to this new patching system was being able to choose a kind of patch in the morning that she would like.  He had started telling me that he doesn't want to look at her patch on her eye anymore, so I thought he should become a part of the process more.  He chooses her patch in the morning when he wants to, and sometimes tells her about the patch and how pretty it looks!


These are the variety of designs I got for M's patches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment